Office LocationMid-Med Lofts
87 E Canfield
Detroit, MI 48201
(2001) Ph.D. Epidemiological Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
(1997) M.P.H. Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
(1992) B.A. Major: History, Major: Pre-Med, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
(2002-2004) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
(2019-Present) Professor, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
(2010-2019) Associate Professor, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
(2007-2010) Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, Detroit, MI
(2007-Present) Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
(2007-2010) Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
(2004-2007) Assistant Research Scientist, Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Hospital and Other Professional Appointments
(2013-Present) Scientific Director, Epidemiology Research Core, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2011-Present) Faculty member, Cancer Biology Graduate Program, Department of Oncology, Detroit, MI
(2007-Present) Member, Population Studies and Disparities Research, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2007-Present) Member, Prostate Cancer Research Team, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2007-Present) Faculty member, Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Honors and Awards
(2013) WSU School of Medicine College Teaching Award Nominee
(2011) Wayne State University School of Medicine Research Excellence Award Nominee
(2010) Wayne State University School of Medicine College Teaching Award
(1998) Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation Student Award Recipient
CB 7430: Cancer Epidemiology
Dr. Beebe-Dimmer's research focuses on the epidemiology of genitourinary cancers, particularly contributing factors to the racial disparity in prostate cancer incidence and outcomes after treatment.
- Schottenfeld D, Beebe-Dimmer JL, Buffler P, Omenn, G. Current perspectives on the global and U.S. burden of cancer attributable to lifestyle and environmental risk factors. Annual Reviews in Public Health, 2013: 34:97-117.
- Beebe-Dimmer J, Isaacs WB, Zuhlke KA, Yee C, Walsh PC, Isaacs SD, Johnson AM, Ewing CE, Humphreys EB, Chowdury WH, Montie JE, Cooney KA. The prevalence of the HOXB13 G84E prostate cancer risk allele in men treated with radical prostatectomy. British J Urology International 2014: 113(5):830-5.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Iyer PT, Nriagu JO, Mehta S, Keele G, Meliker JR, Lange EM, Schwartz AG, Zuhlke KA, Schottenfeld D, Cooney KA. Genetic variation in Glutathione S-Transferase Omega-1 (GSTO-1), Arsenic Methyltransferase (As3MT) and Methylene-tetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR), arsenic exposure and bladder cancer. Environmental Health, 2012: June 29, 11.43.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Colt J, RuterbuschJ, KeeleGR, PurdueMP, WacholderS, GraubardB, DavisF, ChowWH, SchwartzKL. Body mass index and renal cell cancer: the impact of race and gender. Epidemiology, 2012: 23(6) 821-828.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Cetin K, Shahinian V, Morgenstern H, Yee C, Schwartz K, Acquavella J. Timing of Androgen Deprivation Therapy Use and Fracture among Elderly Men with Prostate Cancer in the United States. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 2012: 21(1)70-78.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Morgenstern H, Cetin K, Yee C, Bartoces M, Shahinian V, Fryzek J, Acquavella J, Schwartz K. Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Cataract Incidence among Elderly Prostate Cancer Patients in the United States. Annals of Epidemiology 2011: 21(3) 156-163.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Zuhlke K, Ray A, Lange EM, Cooney KA. Genetic Variation in Adiponectin (ADIPOQ) and the Type-1 Receptor (ADIPOR1), Obesity and Prostate Cancer in African Americans. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases 2010: 13(4) 362-368.
- Cetin K, Beebe-Dimmer JL, Fryzek J, Carducci M, Markus, R. Recent time trends in the epidemiology of stage IV prostate cancer in the United States: analysis of data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) program. Urology 2010:75(6) 139-1404.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Nock N, Neslund-Dudas C, Rundle A, Bock CH, Tang D, Jankowski M, Rybicki B.Racial differences in risk of prostate cancer associated with metabolic syndrome. Urology, 2009: 74(1) 185-190.
- Beebe-Dimmer JL, Levin AM, Ray AM, Zuhlke KA, Johnson GR, Cooney KA, Douglas JA. Chromosome 8q24 markers: Risk of early onset and familial prostate cancer. Int J Cancer, 2008:122(12)2876-2879.