The Department of Oncology at Wayne State University is a unique, urban-based integrated center of research, patient care and education, dedicated to the prevention, early detection, treatment and eventual eradication of cancer. We work with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute to become a leader in integrating world class cancer physicians, researchers and educators in programs that advance our knowledge of cancer. We are committed to excellence in patient care, pursuing research efforts through NIH, foundations or industrial clinical studies, establishing new standards of clinical care, working in multidisciplinary teams and collaborating with other institutions in our research efforts.
- Join Dr. Philip April 30 for the OncLive State of the Science Summit on Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Cadre of students and faculty present School of Medicine education projects at AAMC meeting
- National Cancer Institute selects M.D./Ph.D. Cancer Biology Graduate Program student's work for 2018 research showcase
- Karmanos wins McLaren President's Trophy for 2018
- Dr. Ratnam wins 2017 Kales Award for identifying compounds that may prevent prostate cancer