Office LocationSuite 5118
110 East Warren Ave
Detroit, MI 48201
(1984) Ph.D. Astronomy and Astrophysics (minor in Imagine Processing), University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
(1979) B.S.c Astronomy and Astrophysics (minor in Philosophy), University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
(1984-1986) Postdoctoral Fellow: Astronomical Image Processing, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
(2013-Present) Professor, Department of Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
(2012-Present) Adjunct Professor, Department of Physics, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada
(2008-Present) Adjunct Professor, Department of Physics, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
(2004-2012) Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
(2003-2004) Adjunct Professor of Radiology, University of New Mexico Radiology Department, Albuquerque, NM
(1997-2004) Professor of Physics and Astronomy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
(1992-1997) Associate Professor, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
(1986-1992) Assistant Professor, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
Hospital or Other Professional Appointments
(2012-Present) Co-Director, International Imaging Center, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2004-Present) Co-Leader, Molecular Imaging and Diagnostics Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2004-2011) Director of Nano-imaging Core, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2003-2004) Visiting Scientist, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI
(2002-2004) Director, Cancer Imaging Program, University of New Mexico Cancer Center, Albuquerque, NM
(1997-2004) Associate Director, Institute for Astrophysics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
(1996-1997) Acting Director, Institute for Astrophysics: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
(1993-1994) Visiting Scientist, Queen's University, Kingston, ON
Major Professional Societies
AAPM: American Association of Physicists in Medicine
SPIE: International society advancing an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light
AIUM: American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Honors and Awards
(2011) Michigan Innovator of the Year: MichBio, Lansing MI
(2011) WSU Distinguished Innovator Award: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
(2007) Hero of Breast Cancer: Wayne State University, KCI, Detroit, MI
(2007) Blue Ribbon Award: SPIE Meeting, San Diego, CA.
(1997-1998) Graduate Teacher of the Year: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
(1992-1996) Regent Lecturer: University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM
(1993-1994) International Scientific Exchange Award: Queen's University, Kingston, Canada
(1984-1986) NSERC Postdoctoral Award: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
(1979) Royal Astronomical Society of Canada Gold Medal: University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
1. Duric N, Littrup PJ, Poulo L, Babkin A, Pevzner R, Holsapple E, Rama O, Glide C. Detection of Breast Cancer with Ultrasound Tomography: First Results with the Computerized Ultrasound Risk Evaluation (C.U.R.E) Prototype. Medical Physics. Vol 34 (2):773-785, Feb 2007.
2. Li C, Duric N, Huang L. Calibration of bent-ray ultrasound tomography and its application to breast cancer detection and diagnosis. Medical Physics, vol. 34, issue 6:2645, 2007
3. Li C, Duric N, Littrup P, Huang L. In vivo breast sound-speed imaging with ultrasound tomography. Ultrasound in Med. & Biol., Vol. 35, 1615-1628, 2009.
4. Schmidt S, Huang Z, Duric N, Li C, Roy O. Modification of Kirchhoff migration with variable sound speed and attenuation for acoustic imaging of media and application to tomographic imaging of the breast. Med. Phys. 38, 998, 2011.
5. Ranger B, Littrup P, Duric N, Chandiwala-Mody P, Li C, Schmidt S and Lupinacci J. Breast ultrasound tomography versus magnetic resonance imaging for clinical display of anatomy and tumor rendering: Preliminary results. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2012; 198:233-239
6. Glide-Hurst CK, Duric N, Littrup P. Volumetric breast density evaluation from ultrasound tomography images. Med Phys. 2008; 35:3988-97.
7. Simonetti F, Huang L, Duric N. "A multiscale approach to diffraction tomography of complex three-dimensional objects". Applied physics letters (0003-6951), 95 (6), p. 061904. 2009.
8. Simonetti F, Huang L, Duric N, Littrup P. Diffraction and coherence in breast ultrasound tomography: A study with a toroidal array. Medical Physics, 36(7):2955-65, 2009
9. Boyd, N. F. et al. (2010). "Breast Tissue Composition and Susceptibility to Breast Cancer". JNCI : Journal of the National Cancer Institute (0027-8874), 102 (16), p. 1224, 2010. (Review Article).
10. Duric, N., Boyd, N., Littrup, P., Sak, M., Myc, L., Li, C., ... & Albrecht, T. (2013). Breast density measurements with ultrasound tomography: A comparison with film and digital mammography. Medical physics, 40, 013501.